Download Your In-Depth Guide to Calibration for the Process Industries
The post Download Your In-Depth Guide to Calibration for the Process Industries first appeared on the ISA Interchange blog site.
Proper calibration of instruments for the process industries is essential. Yet calibration tends to be one of the most overlooked processes in today’s plants and factories. With industrial technology and tools demanding greater levels of precision, there is an ever-increasing need to calibrate and ensure consistent, reliable measurement with the goal of minimizing downtime, achieving greater production efficiencies, and reducing overall operating costs.
But how do you know that you’re taking the most efficient path towards calibrated, automated production? To help you find that certainty, calibration experts at ISA have teamed with Beamex to publish an in-depth guide to calibration automation, delivering the information you need to ensure a fully calibrated and reliable facility.
The informative new eBook, Calibration Essentials, covers everything you need to know about today’s calibration processes including:
- A comprehensive big picture guide on how to manage a facility-wide calibration program for industrial automation and control systems.
- Informative overviews of calibration considerations, such as tolerance errors, and calibration uncertainty, as well as practice scenarios and solutions to manage them.
- An in-depth look at some of the new smart instrumentation and WirelessHART instruments and how to effectively calibrate them.
- A technical discussion on the pros and cons of an individual instrument calibration strategy versus a loop calibration strategy.
- Detailed guidelines to ensure facility and employee safety and security, as well as compliance with standards, when conducting calibration tasks.
The 60-page eBook can serve as a key resource to help you ensure your facility operates safely and efficiently, and that you are getting the most out of your instrumentation. This roadmap to calibration has tools for workers at every level of your facility to standardize your effort and facilitate an advanced, automated production environment.
About the Authors
Mike Cable is author of the ISA book Calibration: A Technician’s Guide and validation manager at Argos Therapeutics. He is a Level 3 Certified Control System Technician, and his responsibilities include managing the calibration program. Mike started his career as an electronics technician in the U.S. Navy Nuclear Power Program, serving as a reactor operator and engineering watch supervisor aboard the USS Los Angeles submarine, and then at the AIW prototype in Idaho Falls. After leaving the Navy, he started his civilian career at Performance Solutions performing technical services for the pharmaceutical industry. His 11 years there was highlighted by an assignment to Eli Lilly Corporate Process Automation managing Instrument qualification projects, and then starting a calibration services division within Performance Solutions. His practical expertise in instrumentation and controls led him to his career path in validation.
Connect with Mike:
Ned Espy has been promoting calibration management with Beamex for more than 20 years. He has directed field experience in instrumentation measurement application for over 27 years. Today, Ned provides technical & application support to Beamex clients and partners throughout North America.
Connect with Ned:
Source: ISA News