Update your calendar, save the date and plan to join us for our Dinner Meeting.
- Dinner Meeting
- Cocktails: 5:00 PM
- Dinner: 6:00 PM
- Presentation: 7:00 PM
- Dinner Menu
- Maple Roasted Squash Soup
- Maple Sausage Stuffed Pork
- Creme Brule
- Inline Analyzers and their Applications in Chemical Industries.
- Modern industries face many challenges to remain profitable in the value upgrading of bulk and fine chemicals. Adherence to Industry 4.0 and Sustainable Chemistry principles are more than ever vital in taking on these challenges. A key aspect of these are the use of inline analyzers and their intelligent automation abilities. Inline opportunities in numerous applications will be discussed as well as their best practices. Examples include distillation columns and separation units, scrubbers and strippers, reaction vessels, and auxiliary processes such as waste-water treatment and Co-generation facilities. Through the applications, measurement opportunities for pH, ORP, dissolved oxygen, turbidity, conductivity, and gas analyzers will be considered.
- Ryan Kershaw of Mettler-Toledo
- Dr. Martin Schümperli
Global Specialist – Chemical Industries and Applications
Dr. Schümperli has extensive experience throughout the chemical industry,
preforming visits and consultations at over 400 chemical production sites on
behalf of Mettler Toledo Process Analytics. These sites include (but not limited
Bulk and Petrochemicals
Intermediate and Fine Chemicals
Pulp and Paper Industries
Metals, Mining, and Minerals
Herbicides and Pesticides
Pigments, Paints, Coatings, and Resins
Hygienic and Personal Care Products
Auxiliary Power Co-generation and Waste Water Facilities
The specialist for the chemical industry brings experience from providing on-site
support and consultation for best-practices in implementing new, and improving
existing instrumentation installations. Emphasis is first and foremost for
solutions to provide automated inline measurement systems with minimized and
simplified maintenance, increased reliability, enhanced safety, and less process
downtime. Overall, always adhering to a bottom line of value-added to the
process and reducing production costs.
The broad background of Dr. Schümperli includes doctoral research at the
esteemed Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETHz), and engineering
degrees (Chemical, Manufacturing) from McMaster University in Canada,
previous appointments also include: Industrial Inspection for the Region of Peel
Environmental Control, and LEAN and SIX SIGMA Engineering for Kraft Foods
His background, experience, and sound understanding of chemical processes,
and their challenges, allows for a unique opportunity to bring inline
measurement solutions which can offer proven financial gain for the customer.
- Reservations, Cost & Contact Information
- $15.00 for ISA Members, $25.00 for Non-Members
- All ISA Members and Guests are requested to reserve in advance
- Please reserve before Monday – November 20, 2017.
- For special dietary needs, please contact the Sarnia Golf & Curling Club three days prior to this meeting.